The licensure of Naturopathic medicine is governed by state legislatures in the United States. Help bring licensing of Naturopathic Medicine to Michigan.
The Benefits of Naturopathic Licensing
- Licensure would allow Naturopathic Doctors to practice under the full scope of medicine for which they were trained.
- Local communities would enjoy an increase in safe and natural healthcare options and highly individualized medial care.
- Naturopathic Doctors would help ease a stressed and overburdened medical system by filling the much-needed role for primary care medicine in the State of Michigan.
- Licensure would make it more feasible for patients to get insurance coverage for Naturopathic Medical Care.
- Patients would not have to travel outside Michigan to see licensed Naturopathic Doctors.
- Licensure would help increase jobs by encouraging more Naturopathic Doctors to move to Michigan communities and relieve rural areas without availability of health care.
States licensed with accredited Doctors of Naturopathic Medicine:
District of Columbia
United States Territories: Puerto Rico and Virgin Islands
Naturopathic Licensing Status in Michigan
Michigan does not currently have legislation for licensure of Naturopathic Doctors to practice to their full efficacy and capacity in Michigan. The Michigan Association of Naturopathic Doctors is spearheading an effort to license accredited Naturopathic Doctors. Senate Bill 826 to license NDs passed the Michigan Senate in May 2018 and is currently pending in the House of Representatives. Michigan needs your help to move the bill forward! Financial support is a necessary component of lobbying for effective legislation to accomplish this feat, and we need your help!
How You Can Help
Help us raise the funds we need for lobbying to pass our legislation.
MAND is seeking corporate sponsors to raise money for lobbying purposes.
Do you have access to additional resources that would further our cause?
Get listed on our exclusive directory of naturopathic doctors
Tell everyone you know – family, friends, colleagues – and get them involved in this important cause.
Contact your representatives and discuss the importance of licensure of Naturopathic Medicine for the benefit of your family and community. Mention Senate Bill 826 and your support.
Stay Up-to-Date on Naturopathic Medicine
Legislation and care options on naturopathic medicine change frequently. We’ll keep you updated—sign up below.