Naturopathic medicine is licensed in 23 states plus the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico, and the U.S. Virgin Islands, but Michigan isn’t yet one of them. Explore below how you can help Michiganders everywhere access safe, holistic health options.
Why License Naturopathic Doctors?
The Benefits of Naturopathic Licensing
- Licensure would allow Naturopathic Doctors to practice under the full scope of naturopathic medicine for which they were trained.
- Local communities would enjoy an increase in safe and natural healthcare options, allowing access to highly individualized naturopathic medical care.
- Naturopathic Doctors would help ease a stressed and overburdened medical system by filling the much-needed role for primary care medicine in the State of Michigan.
- Patients would not have to travel outside Michigan to see licensed Naturopathic Doctors.
- Licensure helps create jobs by encouraging more Naturopathic Doctors to move to Michigan communities, including rural areas without availability of health care.
States Licensed with Accredited Doctors of Naturopathic Medicine:
United States Territories:
District of Columbia
U.S. Virgin Islands
Naturopathic Licensing Status in Michigan
Michigan does not currently have legislation for licensure of Naturopathic Doctors to practice as healthcare practitioners. The Michigan Association of Naturopathic Doctors is spearheading an effort to license accredited Naturopathic Doctors. Senate Bill SB990 to license NDs is currently in the Senate Health Policy Committee which was heard on May 26th, 2022.
The MAND needs your help moving forward through financial contributions to keep our lobbying efforts alive! Please consider donating to our cause to bring safe integrative naturopathic health care to Michiganders everywhere.
How You Can Help
Help us raise the funds we need for lobbying to pass our legislation.
MAND is seeking corporate sponsors to raise money for lobbying purposes.
Do you have access to additional resources that would further our cause?
Join our membership as a full, supporting, student, or associate member.
Tell everyone you know – family, friends, colleagues – and get them involved in this important cause.
Contact your representatives and discuss the importance of licensure of Naturopathic Medicine for the benefit of your family and community. Mention Senate Bill 826 and your support.
Stay Up-to-Date on Naturopathic Medicine
Legislation and care options on naturopathic medicine change frequently. We’ll keep you updated—sign up below.